Thursday, October 20, 2011

Grandpa, Apples, & bears-OH MY!

This past Friday my dad, Grandpa, came to visit for the weekend. It was nice having him here & getting an update on life in our hometown. Cooper has been kinda funny with different people holding him but he didn't usually mind it when Grandpa held him. I think Cooper liked the silly noises Grandpa made so that Coop would smile.
Gamecock fans thru & thru
Saturday morning we all got up & headed to Ellijay, GA for the GA Apple Festival. It was a great day to get out & see what the festival had to offer. We walked around for an hour or so. There were tons of booths with crafts (birdhouses, wood toys, etc) & then there was the food: Fried apple pies, fried banana pudding, foot long corn dogs, fried onions, bratwurst, fried oreos, fried sneakers, & more! For 'brunch' Kyle & I shared a fried apple pie & foot long corndog while Dad had a chili dog. We ended up buying a 'peck' of Pink Lady apples since it was THE Apple festival & all. I'm glad we went but I doubt we will return-I've seen enough fried food & 'interesting' north ga people for a while. (no offense north ga but you do have some 'interesting' people in your mountains....)
Coop wasn't too interested in the festivities.
Not even when there was a yellow jacket
that kept landing on him.

We stopped by Costco & Cooper is probably scarred for life. He'll forgive us one day.... hopefully.

Coop didn't enjoy the BIG cuddly bear.

Saturday night Kyle cooked up some of the apples & made Apple Sauce! Kyle is a great cook but I have to admit I was pretty skeptical about the whole thing but it turned out delicious! I don't think Kyle anticipated Dad & I eating the rest of the batch that night!


No comments:

Post a Comment