Monday, October 3, 2011

Cooper's First Camp Out!

It took a little (A LOT) of convincing but Kyle finally got me excited for a camp out. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE driving into the mountains & watching it 'rain' leaves, sitting by the campfire, eating way more than is necessary, & just spending time with nature. My only problem/scare this year was having Cooper 'rough' it with us.

Kyle was able to get off a little early from work on Friday & we headed north. It was a beautiful drive. I love watching it 'rain' leaves this time of year. We stayed at the bottom of Blood Mountain in Vogel State Park. Kyle did a great job setting up camp while I entertained the children (Coop & Moose). The wind was SO cold so we had Cooper all bundled up. Poor Moose- I was SO worried about making sure Coop was warm that I forgot to pack her sweater needless to say Moose got A LOT of cuddle time.

Cooper enjoying the back pack.
Moose liked Kyle's VERY low hammock.
Cooper started off the night great. He went to sleep without a hitch. Kyle & I were then able to enjoy some camp fire warmth & yummy food. For dinner we had hot dogs with chili & then we had smore's for dessert. It was nice to spend some time together & reminisce about our previous camping trips.

(Please excuse my lack of smile. It had been a LONG night
plus I never know if I'm in the pic or just Coop. ha!)
After a LONG night morning came & it was time for more campfire warmth! woo hoo! (It had gotten down to 40, Cooper ended up sleeping on me, Moose was a popsicle, & every little noise/movement kept me awake-I was worried about everyone's warmth & if the legend of the roaming black bear was true) For breakfast Kyle  & I enjoyed hot scrambled cheesy eggs & bacon. Then I got more cuddle time in with Coop & Moose while Kyle broke down camp. (I hate that we forgot to take a picture of our campsite & our new tent!)

Before we headed for home on Sat morning we went on a little hike down to a waterfall. The wind was mighty cold but the view was gorgeous & made it totally worth it. (I'm starting to like living so close to the mountains more & more) All in All it was a good trip. It was a fun little adventure for our little family.

Kyle & Coop :)

Love the view (& my fave guys)


Family photo op at the waterfall.








We're going camping with the Ensign Crew in 2 weeks. Kyle & I already have a list of what we've gotta do different so we all get some better sleep-one is pray for warmer weather. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. So jealous... I want to go camping with you guys! That waterfall is so pretty. And I really want a jacket like Coop's bear ears one. For me. Can't wait to hear about Camping Adventure #2. I will definitely be prayin for some warmth for y'all:).

    ReplyDelete