Tuesday, October 25, 2011

3rd Annual Ensign Family Camp Out

This year we all met up in Plum Branch, SC again to enjoy a night of camping. Each year the number of campers has grown. It's great to have so much of the family together!

Cooper did as he had at our last little camp out- he wanted to be held & cuddled by me the entire time. I feel really bad for all the family that had to endure listening to Coop cry. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on their trip. 

The camp food was so yummy! There's just something about camping that makes food that much more delicious! For dinner Kyle made frito/chili pie. I had 2 helpings & wanted like 5 more! :) For dessert Jen provided some HUGE marshmallows for old school smores & a pinterest creations-Smores Cones! Both hit the spot! For breakfast we had bacon, eggs, & pancakes. :) I love food! ha!

The evolution of Camping Coop with someone other than me holding him... 
He's initially ok.
Starting to realize something's not right...
& then the explosion when he sees me.


Love my boys.

All snuggled up & warm.

Coop fell asleep while I was holding him.

Silly pic with all the fam.

Kyle made a "sherpa bed" for Moose.
I think she likes it!

I felt like I didn't get to spend a whole lot of quality time with the family due to Cooper-such is the life of a mom (I'm learning). Fortunately Marc ALWAYS had his camera at the ready so he got some good pics.

Due to the craziness of this last camp out. Kyle & I have decided that Cooper is on a 1 year camping probation. Sorry Coop but it's for the best. One day you'll enjoy Father/Son camp outs but you'll have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. The "evolution" pics of Coop made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to know what s'mores cones are! Guess I'll look it up. Sorry camping wasn't the biggest success:(. But in good news, Moose's bed looks awesome! Way to go, Kyle! Love the pic of Cooper asleep... he looks pretty crashed.

    ReplyDelete