Friday, November 12, 2010

Days of Thanksgiving Session 3


#11- I am so very thankful for veterans! I know freedom never has & never will come free. I am in debt to all of those who have, do, & will serve in the armed forces. My heart goes out to all of the military families-they sacrifice so much & are so strong! I am grateful for my Grandpa & my Papa that served. They are amazing! I have extended family members that have & still serve today. I am amazed at the willing sacrifice of these men & women for ME & everyone in our country. I love where I live. I love my freedom. I love all those who serve to keep us safe. Thank you!!!


#12- I am grateful for sleep! There isn't much better than a great night of sleep-am I right? I love getting into a cold (but not too cold) bed & snuggling down into the covers. This is one of my favorite part of the day-cuddling up to Kyle & just talking, laughing, winding down from the day. I love taking a little nap after lunch (could also be called falling into a food coma-ha!) & waking up so refreshed! I always have the most random dreams when I sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night & think "I've really got to remember that dream in the morning so I can tell Kyle!" I usually forget. Sleep is amazing. I'm blessed to be able to go to sleep every night in a safe & warm home next to the one I love (& sometimes with Moose on my feet).


#13- I am thankful for Saturdays! Who doesn't love Saturdays? Or the weekend for that matter?! I love the weekends because I get to spend some quality time with Kyle. Lately our Saturdays have consisted of camping, hiking, frisbee golfing, football, going out to eat (such a special treat for me since I don't get out much during the week), & napping. Sounds amazing right? I love the new adventures Kyle plans for our weekends. With the recent time change & the whole getting dark at 5pm-I know Kyle loves taking advantage of ALL the daylight on Saturdays! "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday!" We also take time to prepare a lesson for our fun little nursery class. :)

#14- (my favorite number!) I am grateful for Kyle's job! It makes me so happy that he has found a job that he loves! Georgia Pacific rocks if you ask me! I know Kyle enjoys a good challenge & he gets a healthy dose of it now. We are so blessed that his job provides for our little family. Kyle works so hard & I know he is a great asset to the GP team. The only con is that in order for him to work this great job-we have to live here in ATL. :P Thanks GP for seeing the greatness in Kyle & hiring him!


#15- I am thankful for traveling & vacations! Kyle & I have been blessed enough to do a good amount of traveling since we've been together! We have so much fun discovering new places! I love that Kyle is a major planner & wants to make sure we get to the most out of each trip. (sometimes this makes me feel like I need a vacation from my vacation but I love it!) Some of the places we've been (some are new locations & some are old): Mesa AZ, Orlando (Disney) FL, Savannah GA, Asheville NC, Tybee Island GA, Wilmington NC, Hilton Head Island SC, Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque & Manzanillo Mexico, Nashville & Memphis TN, Nauvoo & Freeport IL, Nassau Bahamas, Key West FL, Salt Lake City UT, & Atlanta GA (before we actually lived here)! We joke that all of our pictures from our vacations are taken from an arm's length away because we don't have anyone to take pictures of us. (If only we had a personal photographer to follow us around-NOT paparazzi though) We LOVE to travel. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment