Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Days of Thanksgiving Session 4

#16- I am grateful modern transportation! How great is it to know that you can be ANYWHERE in the world in just a matter of hours?! Hop in a train, plane, boat, or car & you're there! I know I talk A LOT of junk about my car BUT I really am grateful that I have it! I love being able to visit friends & family, run errands, & more with a my trusty old car. I enjoy being able to go on a fun vacation on a cruise ship or fly in an airplane to explore a new part of the world. Can you imagine taking a horse & carriage from Charlotte, NC all the way to Guadalajara Mexico?! How about walking? Many thanks to the inventors of easy transportation! :)

#17- I am thankful for life experiences that have made me who I am today. I can't say that I've been thru "a lot" (who's the judge of 'a lot?') in my almost 25 years of being on earth but I have learned so many valuable lessons! I've had a couple of what I thought were 'hard times' in my life & I am grateful for the understanding & the knowledge I have gained from them. Obviously at the time they weren't fun but in the end we aren't given more than we can handle. I like to learn from other's perspectives by gaining a new understanding thru their trials they have overcome. I think of all the great knowledge & experience my grandparents have & I hope to one day have the same! Hopefully my grandchildren will be more eager to learn & grow from me then I was from my grandparents. (not that I don't/didn't listen to them-I just wish I would've asked more questions & realized they do know more & it may have prevented me from some of my many mistakes)

#18- I am grateful for MUSIC!! Who doesn't love music?! I love how moved I can be by just a few notes & words. One of my most favorite parts of church each Sunday are the hymns & now listening to the primary & nursery kids sing. I most definitely can feel the Spirit thru music. I also love being able to belt out lyrics with Kyle. Not a day goes by that we don't randomly break out into a song or a beat. Usually we are making up silly lyrics to a song & we're singing about Moose being the crazy dog she is. I enjoy most types of music but I'd guess Country is my favorite. Some of my favorite artists at the moment are: (no church music included) Jimmy Buffett (oh I heart his music!!), Sugarland, Grateful Dead, George Strait (my old man crush), Phish, Norah Jones, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Allman Brothers, the Format & MANY more!

#19- I am thankful for forgiveness. I have done a ton of dumb things in my life & continue to mess up therefore I am so very grateful for the opportunity I have to be forgiven-whether it is by others, myself, or from Heavenly Father. I have to remind myself that if I want to be forgiven for my mistakes-I have to forgive others. There are lessons to be learned thru our trials & mistakes & even from forgiving others. I am grateful for the opportunity to be forgiven & to forgive others.

#20- I am grateful for Black Friday! haha It's true! I really enjoy the excitement of it all! Kyle & I just started joining in on the crazy day like 2 years ago. We spend Thanksgiving with the Ensign crew so we have fun planning out our routes & all the night before. We don't end up buying much but it's we have a great time running around & helping other's in the family grab what they want. Kyle gives me a hard time because every year I HAVE to buy a set of sheets! There are always 500-700 thread count sheets for sale at a price we can afford. I love it! BF is so close & we can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment