Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Days of Thanksgiving Session 2


#10- I am grateful for Skype. This awesome program allows me to speak & SEE my family located in different states! Skype also allowed Kyle & I to see each other when we lived separately for a month+ earlier this year. (I'm glad that's over with!)


#9- I am eternally thankful for my Grandparents. My love and admiration for my mother & my father's parents is unmeasurable. I wish I had had more time with Grandma & Grandpa (my father's parents) before they passed away but I carry their love in my heart & I know I will see them again. My Mama & Papa (mother's parents) are still going strong. They truly are amazing examples of unwavering love and devotion. I could never list all of what all they have taught me by their examples. Mama & Papa have been married for over 62 years. Amazing. I only hope that I can one day live up to their example of love & dedication. I also include my (great) Aunt Mary in this realm. She is not only my name sake but so graciously helped fill the void that was left when my Grandma passed away. One of the great things-she kept the Grandma Starburst tradition alive. :) I love her dearly! (I do not have a picture scanned in of my amazing Grandma. Ultimately I don't need a digital picture-I remember her like she was just here yesterday, her laugh, big brown eyes, her perfectly curled out hair, & her most amazing hugs. I miss you Grandma!)


#8- I am grateful for Food! Seems a little crazy-I know-but it's true! I love food! I'm grateful for the easy means of obtaining food here in America & I know that in itself is a true blessing. I may be 'selective' (that's what Kyle calls my picky-ness) when it comes to certain food but I love it! Some of my favorites are: extra sharp cheddar cheese, my aunt's potato salad, pizza, brown rice, grandma rolls, funeral potatoes, mama's peach pies, auntie ann's lemon pies, pat's pretzel salad, & the list could just go on & on! :)

#7- I am thankful for my health! As I get older I realize more & more how blessed I am to have been given such a healthy body! (sometimes it's a little too healthy to fit in my fav pair of jeans but that's another story! haha) I definitely don't take care of it like I should-sometimes eating what's best for me just isn't appealing so I'm glad my body kicks it into overdrive & takes care of me anyhow! I know I have much more of my life to go & many things can & will go 'wrong' but for now I know I am blessed!


#6- I'm grateful for everything that keeps me WARM! I'm a wuss when it comes to winter so bring on the blankets, sweaters, wool socks, jackets, down comforter, heaters, etc! We experienced a couple of rather cold days last week (30s-40s were the highs) & I realized how much I love fall but NOT winter! We've been living on the coast of SC for the last 6 year so this winter will most likely be a rough one! (I don't know how much it snows in ATL but I can only handle the white stuff for a couple of days-then I'm done!)



No comments:

Post a Comment