Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Days of Thanksgiving Session 1


Well I think that's what this is called... Anywho! I felt like I had enough time on my hands to jump in on the whole-everyday name something you are thankful/grateful for up until Thanksgiving. Obviously I am behind but I didn't feel the need to post something every day so I thought I'd compile 5 days in 1 post. So here it goes.

#5- I am thankful for our humble abode. We were excited to upgrade to a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo when we moved to ATL! I love having not only the extra bathroom (when ya gotta go you can't always wait for someone else to finish!) but I love having the spare bedroom & closet. We've enjoyed having the extra space to store our junk & it's nice to have a real room for guests. We love how the big (to us) kitchen opens up to the living room-although it is sometimes odd not having our dining room table-it's in storage (there's not a dining room or a kitchen nook for it).

#4- I am grateful for Moose! I can't believe she will be 4 years old in March! She's such a joy in our lives. We love having her around to brighten our day & get us moving when we're feeling rather lazy. I'm sure she's had to adjust to having me around all day now but she doesn't seem to mind. :) Most of her day is spent going from one pillow to the next-napping. (she has a pillow in the living room & one in the bedroom) We go on walks during the day but then it's back to the pillows or on my lap for another nap. Moose starts getting antsy in the late afternoon because she knows it's time for Kyle to get off of work. We go on a walk & meet Kyle just outside the train stop. I love watching her tail wag with excitement when she recognizes him from across the road. She definitely keeps us on our toes & we love her dearly. I wish I knew what went on in that little head of hers. :)

#3- I am thankful for friends! I have been so blessed to have so many friends that are dear to my heart. Some new & some old. I love being able to have girl time with these lovely ladies even if it's only thru a phone call. I miss many of my old friends & it's so hard living further away from them. (a bonus thankful: modern technology that keeps us connected) You ladies know who you are & I could never repay you for all you've done for me!

#2- I am grateful for the Gospel! I love the comfort I feel, knowing that I am a daughter of God & that He knows & loves me. I know He hears & answers my prayers- I couldn't ask for a more comforting thing in times of need. I've had to lean on Him a lot this year & I am forever grateful for the love I have felt & for the blessings he has poured out for me. I am grateful for the prophets of old, especially for Joseph Smith & for our loving prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. It's amazing how deeply we are loved & that we are always being guided-we just have to listen & obey. Jesus Christ sacrificed His life for me. I can't even begin to put into words what that means to me so I try (not always my best-I know) to show Him by my actions. I could go on & on about the peace & comfort I have be given thru being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but I know you don't have all day! ;)

#1- I am eternally thankful for Kyle. He is my best friend. He is my rock. I truly do not know what I would do without him. I love him so very much & I can't wait to be with him for forever. (hopefully he feels the same about the whole forever thing. ;) haha) I am so grateful for all he does for me. I've had to rely on him so much this year & especially the last few months. Kyle is an amazing priesthood holder & is a great example to me. He works so hard to provide for us & I am so glad he has a job he loves! We love making each other laugh-what more could a gal ask for?! I am always amazed by his creativity-he built our bed, sewed a quilt & many blankets, made a mosaic table, put together a few family & funny videos, & made magazine bowls-just to name a few. I love spending every day with him & seeing the amazing traits that have been passed down to him from his parents. He is so great with Moose. I can't wait to see what an amazing father he will be to our future family. "Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be!"

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment