Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FIRST Week in ATL


So I have officially survived my first week in Atlanta! Monday brought the reality that Kyle had to go to work while I stayed here & looked at the crazy mess of boxes, dishes, & just STUFF everywhere. I started off in the kitchen, taking the advice of my friend MinDee. I am proud to say that I unpacked, organized & then even re organized the kitchen that day! :) I even ventured out to the Post Office & enjoyed some yummy ChickFilA for lunch! That night my bro in law, Matthew, came into town with my nephews, Keaton & Beck. It was so fun to have them around!

We couldn't believe that Beck really fell asleep like this!

Beck put one of our boxes to good use.

Guitar Hero time! Keaton rocking the vocals while Jade & Beck jam the guitar & bass!

The boys left Tuesday evening so it was back to reality for me come Wednesday morning! I had to get to unpacking & organizing. Slowly but surely things started to come together. Thursday I met Kyle downtown for lunch! I am SO proud of myself because I rode the MARTA all by myself! Kyle & I had gone downtown on Sunday to check out Olympic Park so that gave me an idea of what to expect. Once I made it (it's about a 20 min ride) it was frustrating trying to find Kyle! There were people EVERYWHERE walking around-knowing where they're going of course- & a plethora of HIGH rise buildings towering over me. Needless to say I was pretty intimidated even though I tried REALLY hard not to show it. Anywho! Lunch was super yummy & it was great to get out of the house & see Kyle.

The whole Lusk crew came to town Thursday night. Matthew was doing some training at GP so Minnette & the kids joined in so we could all hang out. After dinner at a pizza place we walked to the Winston Hotel which used to be the TALLEST hotel in the world but now I think it is the tallest in the western hemisphere?! Idk. At the top there this a revolving restaurant & an area where you can look down on Atlanta.

Beck keeping us entertained while we wait for dinner.

Minnette snapped this pic on her phone of us at the top of the Westin

I know this one is dark but I wanted to get a pic of Kyle & 'his' building! Go GP!

Turner Field! The Braves were playing!

Friday Kyle headed off to work & I met back up with the Lusk crew. First we headed to the Georgia Aquarium. It was fun to be there with the kids but it was SOOO crowded & I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be since it's the WORLD'S LARGEST AQUARIUM. I'd definitely go back to give it one more try-just not during the weekend!

(thanks again Minnette for the pic!)

Minnette, Beck & Drake taking a CLOSE look at the penguins.

Hello Penguins!

Avery & I at the 3D movie Deepo Under the Sea.
(We couldn't decide if it was 4D or not-either way: no so great)

After the Aquarium we charged up on granola bars & headed straight to World of Coke! It was also a pretty crowded place BUT it was pretty interesting! We were able to see a lot of old Coke products, learn about how Coca-Cola came about, see Coca-Cola being made, watch a FUN 4D Movie, & try coke products from ALL over the WORLD! Did you know that for the first 70ish years of Coke's exsistence they NEVER branched out from original Coca-Cola? When they finally did branch out, they invented Diet Coca-Cola. Pretty neat huh? Here are some pics!

Waiting to go inside!

Santa is that really you?!

Keaton immediately could name the model of this OLD truck! :)

VegitaBeta Soda is where it's at! It's from Japan & Oh so yummy!

After trying soda from ALL over the world & getting sugar belly to the max. You get to leave with your own little bottle of Coke!

Friday night Kyle & I went on a date! :) We went to the movies & gorged ourselves on pop corn, twizzlers, & sour patch kids! Saturday we ran to Ikea. Oh how I love that place! I wish I could buy everything! After Ikea we decided to check out Georgia's LARGEST Farmers Market. (note to self: do NOT go to any place that attracts LOADS of ppl on a weekend. i.e. aquarium, world of coke, farmers market, etc!) It was HUGE! There was SO much food & endless varieties! There were fish heads, blue crabs, organic milk, cake, cheese of all kinds, breads galore, any kind of veggie you could imagine, fruit I'd never heard of, & more! It's fun to see how diverse ATL is. I feel like I'm growing out of the small town roots!

I took a picture of this to PROVE to Kyle that they are BUGGIES not CARTS! We've been fighting this battle ever since we met. I have officially won but to not cause any contention I will continue to call them carts for my husbands sake! ;)

Had to take a pic of the blue crabs for my brother, Bryant.

Kyle shucking some yummy corn for us!

This was a CrAzY piece of fruit! I can't remember the name but it was wild looking & expensive!
(sorry I forgot to rotate the pic!)

2 comments:

  1. haha I told Kyle that's what they are called here in the dirty south!!

    ReplyDelete