Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last Sunday in Mt P!


So this past Sunday (6/27) was my last Sunday in the Mount Pleasant Ward. Church starts at 9:30am but I got to the building at 8am because thats what time Ward Council begins. Well I get there & Bishop greets me with a smile but confusion in his eyes. Come to find out NO Ward Council. Bummer. I only live about 8 min away from the church but my roomie Rachel was still sleeping so I didn't want to go back & wake her plus I figured I could use this time for good. So I hunkered down in my usual seat in the chapel, read my scriptures, & cleared out some of the YW closet for the new president, listened to some church hymns & just enjoyed my time. It really was a pleasant morning hanging out in the peaceful church. I loved the spirit I felt & the calm morning I enjoyed before church began. I felt inspired to be at church 30 min prior EVERY Sunday! (we'll see how that goes. I'm pretty sure that won't fly with Kyle! ha)

I was so blessed to be surrounded by loved ones as church began. The Gerald/Tuttle crew sat in the pew in front of me. Ann & Robert sat on one side of me with SPECIAL guest Rachel Spigner on my right! :) She came to support me for my special day & I'm SO glad she did! I wish Kyle was there too but he is in ATL. It was hard not having him with me.

During Sacrament Mtg I was released as Young Women President. It was such a special but sad moment. Its something we all knew was coming with the move but still not something I could prepare myself for. The Bishop asked me to bear my testimony. I don't remember much of what I said-I'm just glad I didn't get too crazy with the tears! ha I really hope the YW took to heart what I said because I did it for them. (Shout out to Mary Smith & her family-they gave amazing talks!)

Sunday School was spent in the Bishops office. Talking with him about my release & finishing up some YW business. It has been so awesome being able to work close with Bishop Young. He is such a great priesthood holder & an amazing example to me. His wife Jennefer is/was the 2nd counselor in YW with me. She is the sweetest lady I've ever known! (more to come on my wonderful YW Presidency)

It was so sad telling so many church friends & families goodbye! I've lived in Mt P for about 6 years now. These last 3 years in the ward have been really good to Kyle & I. (not that the first 3 were bad but I bounced back & forth bw the family ward & singles branch)

I wanted to take a million pictures of everyone so I brought Kyle's super nice camera BUT I didn't go all out. Here are the pics I did get to snap:

Myself & Stephanie Morrow. She is such a great example of strength & love to me. She so beautiful & has such wonderful sons. I am so grateful to have been able to grow close to her through the YW Program! Thanks for being around all of us girls as the Laurel Advisor. :)

Here are some of the YW that let me snap a pic of them after church!
Camila, Abby, Carly, Mary, Sullivan, Emily, me & Susan

That darn Lauren! How I love her so! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment