Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Are Pigs Flying?!


Besides unpacking, cleaning, shopping at Ikea, & exploring ATL-I have actually started to....(don't faint)....COOK! All of our family/friends know Kyle is the head chef in our kitchen but my have things changed! (hence the title-this is such a bizarre thing for me) We have recently been blessed with an amazing kitchen that is very open with tons of counter space & pretty nice appliances. Our old kitchen was fine but it was hard for more than 1 person to be in there cooking at the same time so we are very grateful for the upgrade in our new condo/loft/apartment!

So far we have enjoyed Chicken & JalapeƱo Quesadillas, Chicken Alfredo (shout out to Rachel for showing me how it's done a couple of weeks ago), & what we call 'Moose Spaghetti!' No not the most intricate dishes BUT this is a MAJOR step for me! :) I'm trying to be a good homemaker since I'm jobless (& ok with it) for the time being.

I know the family/friends needed proof that I actually cooked it so I took pictures. :) I guess I should've taken a picture of Kyle this morning so yall could see that he didn't kill over from eating my food! haha

Cooking!

Chicken Alfredo with FRESH Green Beans & Garlic Bread sticks!
(this is Kyle's plate-he's good with his plate presentation)

This is a noodle in the shape of a Moose!
They sell them at Ikea & we get them because of our DOG Moose! :)

I cooked Spaghetti with Moose noodles & Garlic Toast.
(Can you tell we LOVE garlic?)

Hopefully I will keep up the cooking trend. I love to bake but that's nothing new. I'm really in the mood to make a cake or cupcakes but being here all day by myself is NOT a good match if there's some goodies BEGGING me to eat them!! How could I ever say no?!

1 comment:

  1. haha watch out world, maryellen is cookin up a storm! :) love it.
    miss you muchoooo!

    ReplyDelete