Monday, January 7, 2013

Twenty Thirteen

Kyle & I had quite the exciting night ringing in the new year! We cooked homemade pizza that I was unable to taste due to a cold but imagined it was the BEST ever. After we put Cooper to bed we read some then Kyle fell asleep. I was determined to stay up to watch the ball drop. The NYE specials on TV were pretty terrible so I just kept busy until it was close to twelve. Around 11:50 I shook Kyle awake in case he was interested in a NY kiss...not so much.

I watched & counted down to 2013 & then I went to bed.

Pretty awesome night huh? It wasn't worth staying up so late but oh well. :)

On New Years Day Kyle & I started de-junking the condo. It was refreshing to get rid of so much unnecessary stuff & especially organize our spare closet. (it was quite the monstrosity) 4 huge garbage bags later we were tired & it was nap time so we took full advantage.

Later that evening we headed over to our friends house, the Mitchells, for a traditional NY dinner. We brought the black eyed peas, rolls, & apple pie. The Mitchells provided the collards, ham, & mac n cheese. Put all that together & we had quite the feast. I again didn't get to taste much BUT I made sure I had my fair share of peas & collards. Health & Wealth Yall!

We had a great time with them. It's always so fun to watch Cooper play with Luke & Mary. He loves those kids.

Here's to another year with these two knuckleheads!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment