Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012

We went to Hartsville for Christmas. It was great to be able to spend time with so much family even with the crazy schedules & sickness.

On Thursday night we opened a couple of gifts with Marc & Pat. They are always so generous & especially at Christmas time. Kyle & I were able to get new iphones as gifts from M & P. Cooper got a fun little people garage with a little ramp he wheel his cars & trains down from Grandma & Poppa. He also got a pillow pet from his cousin & a train & car from his Grandma Great. He loves all of them! It's fun watching him enjoy his new toys.

Friday Kyle worked from home all day. Cooper & I enjoyed our trip to Big Lots & then just laid around. I knew Coop wasn't feeling well but didn't know the extent of his illness. Late that afternoon we went to Florence to finish up some last minute shopping.

Saturday was a bit of a blur. Cooper was feeling worse & the cold & cough medicine I was giving him wasn't doing the trick. We did go visit with my grandparents as well as do some grocery shopping. Saturday night I went out to dinner with my dear friend, Caye. It was just what I needed!! I could've stayed for hours talking & listening to the hilarious stories. One of these days I hope she writes a book & that we live closer. :)

Sunday morning was a bit scary. We got up early with Cooper & took him to Morphis Pediatric Group (the same group I went to growing up). We found out Coop had a double ear infection & what we think (doctor didn't confirm) was croup. Poor Coop. He'd never been this sick before or even an ear ache. So we started him on a 2 day steriod, a 10 day antibiotic, & breathing treatments. Fortunately, with some trial & error, we figured out how to get Coop to take & keep the medicine down. I'm bummed we missed church, especially on Christmas Sunday but I am so deeply grateful for the help & knowledge of medical professionals! That afternoon Kyle went to Jen's to enjoy a delicious Ensign/Greenburg dinner. Then that evening we headed to Florence to have dinner with Dee & Leslie. It was great to see their place & have a little family gathering. Mom joined us & we had a yummy dinner by Leslie!

Monday was Christmas Eve. Kyle & I were busy cooking & getting everything ready for the Ellison Christmas Party that afternoon. Cooper was still pretty sick but we didn't want to miss all the family, food, & festivities. Kyle & I took turns passing Cooper back & forth. Cooper is pretty shy so add that to being sick & in a small house with 30 not so well known to him family members.... he was a little overwhelmed. I probably sound like a terrible parent for taking him but I want him to have all the time he can with Mama & Papa & the traditions they have created. Speaking of which, we did have the youngest ones re create the nativity scene. Cooper was given a robe & a cane, he wouldn't wear a sheet on his head so he's just wearing his own hat. Cooper ended up being a shepherd/wiseman/donkey. haha He lasted for about 30 seconds. I loved seeing so many of my cousins. It's crazy to think how grown up we all are!

After Mama & Papa's Cooper, Kyle, & I went & met up with Karl, Onna, Jen, Scott, & their kids. Kyle thought we should go caroling to some of the elderly in the ward so we all came up with a list & off we went. Cooper stayed in the car & watched a movie while we got out each time to sing. It was such a sweet experience & I know it brought so much joy. We definitely have to continue this tradition.

Dad came over Christmas Eve night. He brought over Cooper's gifts which were a radio flyer wagon, some tractors, & a USC zip up hoodie. Cooper got the hook up! We are so grateful for the gifts & I know Coop can't wait for us to put the wagon together. After Dad left, Kyle & I watched the Muppets Christmas Carol, put our slippers in the hall, set up Santa for Coop, then went to bed.

Tuesday was Christmas Day! Hooray! Cooper loved the Thomas train he found in his slippers. He also enjoyed the other toys he got from Santa but was really more interested in eating (we were so glad he was getting his appetite back). Kyle & I opened some gifts & surprised each other with little gifts. Then we went to Mama & Papa's for breakfast. After breakfast we opened more gifts from Mom then headed to Karl & Onna's to visit with them. That afternoon we went over to the Peavy's to have the Tallon Family Christmas Dinner. I had a fun time with my cousins, aunts, & uncles! The food was fabulous as well! That evening we went over to the Greenburgs to visit & play games. What a full but fun day!

Wednesday we cleaned, packed, & headed back to ATL. Now for the pictures! :)
 
me_ensign85's Christmas 2012 album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment