Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cabin Fever! 2011

Kyle wanted camping tent style. I (& baby Cooper) wanted a little bit of luxury-no air mattress included. Together we decided on a renting a cabin in North Georgia for the weekend. :) Friday we took a half-day & headed north. (I ended up taking a full day off because I had a lovely stomach bug-that's another story for another day). Anywho! I don't remember much about Friday due to the meds I was on & slept but the cabin was great! We were on the side of a mountain & the view was beautiful! Kyle ended up going to dinner solo & enjoyed some yummy BBQ while I had pretzels & gatorade. Kyle also got to relax in the nice hot tub while I watched from a distance. (Hot tubs are recommended when you're preggers)

Our Cabin! Can you find Moose? :)

Don't be jealous that I got to lounge on a Black Bear & Deer Couch all weekend! (Again can you find Moose?)

Saturday morning started off good. I was feeling a lot better so after a little relaxing we headed out to see a waterfall! The waterfall was pretty pathetic but it was nice to be out & about enjoying the great outdoors! For lunch we decided on some good ol' country cooking. Whether or not my body was ready for fried goodness-my mouth sure was!! I had some BBQ, fried okra, slaw, & cheese biscuits. Kyle had fried catfish, mac & cheese, & collards. Dessert was the BEST! Banana. Pudding. (I so wish I had some right NOW)

Pretty amazing waterfall huh? We've definitely seen better!

Saturday afternoon/evening we had some friends (the Malans & the Carrons) come for the night. Tressa & Chris made us a great dinner of lasagna & homemade bread-SO good. We played some games & ate way too much. I called it night pretty early but the rest of the crew stayed up late having a great time.

Finn in Moose's bed. They are so cute playing together!

Jared teaching Finn fire safety... I hope. :)

Chris & Tressa baking up some bread & cooking lasagna!!

iPad time! Even Finn got in on the fun!

Sunday morning we woke up & the Malans cooked us an amazing breakfast! Have you ever had German Pancakes?! They are delicious! After stuffing our faces with more food we packed up & headed out. On the way home the Malans & us stopped by Tallulah Gorge. It's a beautiful place! Kyle's hiked all over it so he took us to be best view with the least amount of work. :)

German Waffles. Enough said.
Kyle & I on the back porch of the cabin.

Tressa & Chris

The ladies!

Another honorable mention-Kyle & I truly enjoyed having cable for the weekend. Well let's just say we basically watched HGTV the entire time with a side of Food Network & MTV. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment