Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ensign Family Campout 2012

The annual Ensign Campout was last weekend. It was great spending time with the family that were able to come.

Friday Kyle took the day off so we packed up & took off mid morning. The drive to SC was easy breezy. We did pit stop at Tanger Outlets in GA. Coop got the hook up-like usual. ;) We got to the campsite around 2. We reserved 2 sites so that we could set up all the tents on one & then eat, cook, chill out on the other.

Everyone made it by late afternoon. Once camp was all set up we got the fire going. The fire took forever to get going so Tiff & I took the kids to the nearby park. Coop enjoyed watching his cousins run around like crazy. He joined in in the fun by sharing his wood chips & laughing when they made silly faces.

For dinner we had hot dogs & Frito Chili pie. It was delish! For dessert there were s'mores, cookies, & homemade vanilla ice cream with crushed Oreos. (Yes we brought the churn camping. Roughing it right?!)

Cooper slept like a champ. He was exhausted from running around & falling. (There were ridiculous amounts of gravel. The rocks were bigger than normal so he tripped more times than I can count. His poor little knees are still bruised. He kept getting back up & trying to keep up with his cousins.) sSo since Coop slept great-so did I! I guess it started lightly raining early in the morning... I didn't notice because I was out like a trout!

So after the early rain & NO RAIN FLAP on our tent or the Greenburg mansion, we all got up & started breakfast. We had eggs, pancakes, & bacon. (Yes we had an electric griddle too. I said we were roughing, didn't I?!) Breakfast was good & somebody busted out the leftover sweet treats so we were all happy!

Unfortunately the chance of rain continued to increase so we packed up camp early. Kyle really wanted to go canoeing but the weather didn't permit. :( After we were all packed up we went to check out the horses (this park allowed horses & had numerous trails) & play before we headed home.

Cooper was a little wary of the massive horses but he giggled when I brushed his hand over the horses nose. I hate that we didn't get a picture of coop w the horses. It was cute!

On our way home we decided to check in on Mom's house because she was out of town. We got way more than we bargained for! Mom's fridge went out & was baking everything inside! It was terrible & incredibly smelly. I hope I don't have to experience that again & that's all I'll say.

Now onto the pictures! See if you can spot the pictures that were secretly taken with Karl's phone! :) thanks to photo stream I was able to get them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment