Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Won't You Be My Neighbor?"

For the last 20 minutes I've tried to figure out how to start this post but I can't seem to get the words out without rambling & not making much sense. I have such love & appreciation for Steve & Penny Rogers that I can't seem to get the words out right.

Cooper meeting Mr. Steve

Ms Penny & Mr Steve loving on Cooper

My second Momma
We were neighbors from the beginning of my memories until Jr High. Their son, Michael, & I grew up being the best of friends. I spent numerous days running through their house & yard, eating all their food, drinking their fresca, & starting all kinds of ruckus with Michael. They were the BEST neighbors I could have ever imagined having. They were more than neighbors. They were friends. Family. 

I cried a lot when they moved but I was too much of a tom boy to let anyone know. I wished & prayed that some of my closest friends would move instead of them. No such luck.

Fortunately over the years Michael & I kept in touch. Now Steve & Penny are back in in the 'neighborhood' & we are able to visit. I love them dearly & I am happy for them. They are such good people & deserve the very best. It's such a blessing to know that my children will grow up knowing this wonderful family too.

This song makes me think of the Rogers & all of my fun childhood memories with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment