Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 Inches

For the past 2 plus years I've been growing my hair out. First it started as laziness/lack of money to keep up with coloring & cutting it then it turned into a goal. I wanted to grow my hair out so I could donate it to Locks of Love. So that's exactly what I did.

My hair had reached the longest it's ever been (unless you count when I was in first grade). My looooong hair had survived ponytail after ponytail of 2 HOT southern summers. It also became lush pregnancy hair that some how hung on during post pregnancy hair loss & being pulled out by baby hands (good thing my hair is crazy thick). I was heading into summer number 3 when I finally said enough is enough. My hair had reached the length & it was now time to fulfill my goal.

Becky & Me. Look at those long braids!
 This past weekend Tiffany, my SIL, did the deed. She put my long hair in a ponytail & after a few snips of her scissors it was gone. GONE. I can't lie-it was bittersweet. All the hair I had been through so much with was gone. 
Time to CHOP!
Tiff working through that THICK hair.
Feeling a million times lighter!


I'm enjoying my shorter hair more & more each day. It's funny because the majority of my life I have had shorter hair so it wasn't much of a shock to see it that way again. I feel like I look so different though. It's a fun change. I'm sure I will let it grow out again. I haven't set another goal of donating it but only time will tell. I'm grateful to be able to do this little bit of sacrifice & service to help someone in need. I hope my hair finds a happy home. :)

Special thanks to Tiffany for cutting my hair & to Kyle for putting up with my long hair for what seemed like forever. (He's partial to shorter hair but informed me a few days before the big CHOP that he had grown fond of my long hair-go figure)

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool donation. I wish Amy would grow here hair really long again... but easier for me to wish than for her to sweat it out in the AZ summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott! Maybe one of these days Amy will grow her hair back out for ya.

    ReplyDelete