Thursday, April 12, 2012

South Carolina Lowcountry

As you can tell by my previous post Kyle, Cooper, Moose, & myself paid a little visit to the Lowcountry to see family & run our race. Cooper did amazing on the drive. (He's such a champ in the car!) We got in Thursday evening. Auntie Ann welcomed us with her delicious Spaghetti. It's seriously amazing & I wish I had some NOW!

Friday we got up & got ready for the day. Kyle headed downtown to pick up all of our race packets & Cooper & I headed to my old workplace to see some dear friends. (I ALWAYS forget to take pictures! I guess pictures would just make me miss them more) For lunch we headed to Melvins (one of my most favorite BBQ joints). Dinner rolled around & we met up with Kyle's parents, sister Tiff, & BIL Scott to carb up for the BIG race. It was great seeing them!

Saturday morning came EARLY! Ann graciously watched Cooper for us as we headed to the race. After the race we showered up & headed to lunch. We ate at Juanita Greenbergs. Yum yum! Cooper was acting a little off so after getting back to Anns, Kyle went out to get some meds, thermometer, & pedilyte. What I thought was just some allergies (a bit of a runny nose) must have been something more. Cooper had a 101+ temp! We gave him some meds & he went down for a nap. (so we did too) That evening Kyle went to a session of this. (He always makes me so proud) So I just chilled out with the family & sickly Coop. My dear friend Pam came over the visit. She seriously rocks my socks. I love & miss her like CRAZY!

Sunday morning after a yummy breakfast Kyle & Moose headed back to Atlanta. :( It's always hard saying goodbye even if it's just a for a week. Ann, Cooper, & I went to visit Great Aunt Mary. It was so sweet for her to meet Cooper & to spend time with her. Aunt Mary stepped in after my Grandma (her sister) passed away almost 15 years ago. So Cooper met his Great GREAT Aunt. How cool is that? I wish we lived closer so I could see her more often. I'm so grateful that Ann takes such good care of her.

We had a wonderful visit that went by way too fast. Moose LOVED the extra attention & knew exactly where we were when we got out of the car. :) I wanted to get up with more friends but it was just harder than I thought trying to figure everything out with Cooper's schedule-especially when he got sicker. I always am so grateful for Auntie Ann. She definitely has a special place in my heart. It was so fun to spend time with Bryant & Jilli (soon to be my sister-woo hoo!) & to be back in our old stomping grounds. This was our first visit where Mt P didn't feel as much like home as it use to be which was sad to realize but also a blessing. That means Atlanta is our home & we love it!

Me, Cooper, & Aunt Mary
So sadly I didn't take many pictures in Charleston. I meant to get a good one of Auntie Ann & Coop but time just flew by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment