Thursday, April 12, 2012

And I Was Running...

For the past few months Kyle & I have gotten back into running. Our goal each year is to run the Cooper River Bridge Run (10k) in Charleston, SC. I feel like this year was the year Kyle trained the best & I did pretty good. I'd been running in horrible shoes & kept battling knee pain off & on. Finally I went to Big Peach Running Co & got fitted with the best shoes for my feet! (seriously recommend this to everyone) I've been running like a champ ever since. No knee pain while running & my feet feel glorious!

Yes I'm THAT excited about my shoes.
Brooks Revena 3

On March 31 Kyle & I lined up with 40+ thousand other people to run through Mount Pleasant, over the Arthur Ravenel Bridge, & into downtown Charleston. 6.2 miles. (I LOVE the feeling right before a race starts! Everyone is pumped up & your adrenaline is pumping. You feel like you could conquer the world!) Kyle & I started the race side by side but knew we weren't going to run together. I started off ahead but just knew Kyle was going to pass me any second. Long story short-the last 2 miles kicked my trash & I ended up walking for less than a minute twice. (I'm still disappointed in myself for walking)

Waiting for the race to begin.

Official times you ask?
Kyle- 1:06:04
ME-1:05:40

WE WERE JUST 24 SECONDS APART! Kyle was a little bugged that I beat him. I'm proud of my time. One of these years I will train better & run it in under an hour-that's my goal. So until next year bridge run...

No comments:

Post a Comment