Sunday, May 1, 2011

Everything NEW!

So I have to admit-I was pretty spoiled the past week. Here's how:

I'd been available for a cell phone upgrade for over a year now but I've been holding out for the WHITE iPhone. We were hoping it would come out before Cooper's birth because it would just make life easier with the great camera, video, & face time features. I was starting to get nervous that Cooper would come before the phone BUT FINALLY on Thursday Apple officially released the white iphone for sell. :) Kyle said he'd buy it for me online & have it shipped to our house because we figured it'd be sold out by the time we got home from work & went to the Apple Store. I spoke with Kyle at lunch & he gave me the sad news that he'd waited too long & the phones had already sold out. This REALLY bummed me out because I was having a crummy day at work & I was really looking forward to some good news. (I made myself feel a little better with a chickfila milk shake. hehe) Kyle rushed home from work that day saying he had to run to the church to take care of some Elders Quorum stuff (btw he just got called to be the 2nd councilor!). Needless to say it was all a ploy. Kyle came back with the white iphone & made me one happy wifey! I'm one lucky lady!

Kyle taking a picture of his iphone with my iphone. It's never ending! (no I'm not asleep in the background just looks like it.)

Kyle & I have been talking about getting a newer/more reliable car for a while now. Our cars have been great to us but we wanted something secure with baby Cooper on the way. A week ago we went to check out the 2011 Hyundai Elantra but since they are selling like hot cakes we ended up looking at the Elantra Touring (same car but with a hatch back). I fell in love with the Touring version! I thought it was roomier & overall just awesome! :) We spent 2 days in that dealership trying to get everything to work out but no luck. We came home empty handed but Kyle went into overdrive & worked his booty off trying to find us a better deal at another dealership. His work paid off! Friday night about 10pm we were handed the keys to our new 2011 Hyundai Elantra! I'm so proud of Kyle for all the work he put into this! We celebrated by going to Sonic Drive In & stuffing our faces (we hadn't had dinner).

Kyle saying goodbye to his Jeep!

Goodbye Sonata! :( The only car I ever owned.

Our first picture with our new car. :)

We love you little blue Touring! We pray you will last 10 years like our last cars!

Saturday the Bartons came to visit. MinDee & I were able to get some MUCH needed girl time in by getting pedicures! It was so great to spend time together while being pampered. That night MinDee gave me some highlights & a trim.

SO I was right, right? I'm pretty spoiled! New phone, car, toes, & hair! The only thing that would've topped it is adding a new BABY to the list but negative-Cooper isn't ready yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment