Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Days leading up to his birth...

It definitely was a happy Mothers Day for me! Here's how it all started...
(actual birth day/story to be posted separately)

Thursday (May 5th) I had my 36 week Doctor's appointment. While there I was told that my blood pressure was slightly elevated & I need to keep an eye on it so if it stayed 140/90 I needed to call Dr. Nix ASAP. I was a little freaked out about it because I'd been having pretty bad headaches that week but figured it was just a little stress. I also found out I was dilated to a 2! Crazy!

Friday came & went. I didn't check my BP because I hadn't purchased an automated cuff yet.

Saturday morning I got a BP cuff. Checked my BP a couple of times throughout the day. Each time my BP was elevated to the point where I should've called Dr Nix but talked myself out of it. I figured the more I checked it the higher it would get because I was stressing out about it. Kyle wasn't convinced that my BP was that high & figured that the cuff was a little defective-I didn't completely disagree. Also I had been doing a lot that day. I was trying to finalize some stuff in Cooper's room as well as doing some laundry for him. I put his stroller together & we installed his car seat in the car. & the list goes on! So I decided I would check my BP first thing Sunday morning before I got all stressed out about it again...

Looking back at this weekend (& the days leading up to it) Kyle & I both agree it felt like things were about to change or like it was our last weekend as just the two of us. Here's some reasons why:
-We got our new car the week prior.
-The week before Kyle gave me a new phone which I wanted before Cooper's arrival.
-The weekend before our great friends, the Bartons, came for a visit. MinDee did my hair & we got pedicures together. We've hung out with them a million times in the past but they came were there the weekend before we got married too. So our last weekend before we were married & our last weekend before we were parents-we spent with the Bartons! :)
-Friday at work I cleaned out my desk (I already had a replacement), turned in one of my keys, & handed out all the Thank You cards.
-I put the stroller together & we installed the car seat (I had a strong feeling it needed to be done on Saturday)
-I couldn't just rest & enjoy the weekend. I felt like there was always something that needed to be done to get ready for Cooper.
-Saturday night Kyle & I went out to big dinner to celebrate Mothers Day. Afterwards we talked about how it felt like the last supper for us for some reason.

I'm sure there are more I just can't remember off of the top of my head! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment