Monday, August 16, 2010

Month #1 Completed!

I have been living in ATL for over a month now! This whole moving thing still does not seem real... I guess if I had a job/calling that would help make it real! Kyle & I have done some fun things in our first month here but we are noticing that we have a lot more free time now then we've had in a LONG time. In Mt P we were so consumed with our jobs, church callings, family, friends, & mini vacations that we rarely had time to just be lazy-boy are we getting our fair share of lazy here! Not complaining-just interesting how it all works out. We were praying for more time while we were in Mt P & now we have the time but now in ATL!

Posted by Picasa
So to recap we have:
-Visited the World of Coke
-Explored the largest Aquarium
-Spent some fun times with the Lusks (my sis & her fam)
-Walked around dwntwn Decatur & had some yummy burgers at Farm Burger
-Saw food we'd never imagine existed at a HUGE Farmers Market
-Walked down to the Frosty Caboose for some ice cream on a few too many occasions
-Painted our Bed & our Rocking Chair
-Had some weekend visitors: Mom & Dad
-Joined a weekly Ladies Lunch (that'd be me, not Kyle. hehe)
-Learned the MARTA system!
-Moose has had some fun at a few different dog parks
-Become addicted to NetFlix
-Too many IKEA trips
-Played some fun board games
-Celebrated Kyle's Birthday
-Skyped with Family
-Started sewing an Apron
-Tried to "Shoot the Hootch" & failed miserably
-Made all sorts of food: boiled pnuts, dirt cake, star wars cookies, & more

We have also been able to get a lot of couch time in-I'm sure our butts are imprinted in this thing (yes I'm sitting on it now). It has been fun exploring ATL with Kyle. We have SO much more to see & numerous roads to get lost on. Although it still doesn't seem real-I am glad that we are in ATL. I am grateful for this time Kyle & I have together-this could be a calm before the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment