Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Georgia on My Mind...

It's Official! Kyle accepted a job offer with Georgia Pacific so we are MOVING! Kyle is heading out next weekend but I am sticking around for another month & a half to work & finish up some loose ends here. I won't bore you with ALL the little details... SO long story short this is an AMAZING opportunity for Kyle! We're really sad to leave but excited for our future, & there's a temple & an IKEA in Atlanta! ha! I was speaking with my BFFL Rachel & we decided the word to sum up our lives right now is: Bittersweet. (we are both starting new chapters in our lives)

Kyle & I have been putting together a Charleston Bucket List. Here's what we've come up with so far:

1. Purchase sweetgrass basket
2. Pay parking tickets (Kyle has like 5 from going to CofC)
3. Eat at Magnolias
4. Go to the Farmers Market downtown
5. Snap more fun pictures of downtown
6. Eat at Poogans Porch
7. Visit Morris Island Lighthouse
8. Take a boat ride around the Harbor
9. Swing at Waterfont Park
10. Enjoy a delicious Cupcake cupcake (www.freshcupcakes.com)
11. Eat at Melvins BBQ
12. Paint a CHS pic @ Bottles n Brushes
13. Eat Shrimp n Grits
14. Go to the BEACH as much as possible
15. Convince everyone to move to ATL! ha

A lot of our Bucket List consist of eating! There are SO many places to eat here & they are SO yummy. I really hope we can complete our list! I will keep you posted on our progress.

P.S. I also FINALLY broke the news to my office that we were moving. Tuesday was one of the most emotional days I've ever had-seriously. It was SO hard to tell my boss, Dr. Goltra. He has given me more opportunities than I could ever ask for & is a great example to me (we go to church together too). I have made so many amazing friends through my job & it will be very sad to leave them. I've worked their since the office opened over 4 years ago & I realize it will be hard to find a place to work that could ever compare to my job now. So needless to say I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated by the end of the day due to the amount of crying that was done.

1 comment: