Friday, June 15, 2012

5th Anniversary Part 2

Our weekend of celebrating continued on Saturday. We spent the day with Mom & Cooper shopping, eating, hanging out, etc. Before we knew it, it was time to head down to Lakewood Amphitheater for the Jimmy Buffett Concert!! (For those of you that don't know, Jimmy B is my all time fave)

It was so fun to have another night to ourselves. We got the concert early so we could be one of the first into the amphitheater to throw our blanket down in the grass to claim our seats. (We had general admin tickets) The weather was perfect. The best weather we've ever had for a concert! & the atmosphere was full of  fun & excitement. After a busy day it was nice to just lay/sit on our blanket & relax/people watch while waiting for the show to begin.
Some of the Coral Reefers drove by
before the concert!

Waiting for the show to start!

Jimmy Buffett!
Lounging at the Lagoon 2012
Zac Brown joined in for a couple of songs!

Loving every minute of it!

"Fins to the left, Fins to the right..."
The concert was Ah-mazing. Seriously. I may be borderline obsessed. I just love being a Parrot Head! I danced & sang the night away like I was on the first row or even on stage with Jimmy & the crew! ha! It was awesome. Don't worry I didn't forget about Kyle. I know he had a good time too but he later stated that this was probably his last Jimmy B concert. I guess 3 was enough for him. Sad day. 

After the concert we were STARVING! So on the way home we pit stopped at the Varsity. The greasy goodness of a pimento cheeseburger topped with onion rings just hit the spot. (& it would totally hit the spot right now too!) I guess all that singing about cheeseburgers at the concert got to us. :)

It's ridiculously good.

Thanks to Kyle for putting up with your Jimmy B obsessed wife for another year. :) I kept thinking back to this time last year when we missed the concert due to Cooper's birth. (Coop was due the day of the concert but decided to come a couple of weeks early so he could listen to it) Last year I was at home holding & singing to Cooper while we listened to the concert on Radio Margaritaville. 

Time has flown by this past year (& since we've gotten married). I'm so grateful for the time Kyle & I have had together thus far & can't wait to see what the future holds especially now that we have Cooper. I love you, Kyle!




P.S.
Our 1st & 5th year anniversaries were spent pretty similar: ATL, Braves Game, Varsity, & Jimmy B Concert. There were a couple of key factors that made it different. No Bryant & no Jenni. :( They were sorely missed!
The ONLY pic I could find of ALL of us at "The Year of
Still Here" Jimmy B Concert 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment