Monday, March 5, 2012

First Airplane Ride

On Feb 21 Cooper & I somehow endured the crazy security check (with a baby, stroller, 2 bags this was not an easy thing), boarded the airplane & set off to Kingman, AZ (via Las Vegas). I was so worried that Cooper was going to be a terror during our 4.5 hour flight. Fortunately with many prayers, much faith, & a blessing-I was completely wrong! Coop was a champ! (even though we were squished in the middle seat)

One of my bestest friends Rachael (& daughter Charlotte) picked us up from the airport. (I may or may not have teared up at the sight of my dear friend) After a quick stop at In -N-Out Burger (my first experience) we headed deeper into the desert sand for Kingman, AZ.

I was in Kingman from Tuesday until Sunday morning. We seriously had a blast. I loved spending so much time with the Adams. My apologizes to Scott for taking over his house, wife, & child for so long. Thanks for putting up with me & my kid!

Here are some of the fun things we did:
-Toured Kingman
-Ate some delicious food made by the Adams
-Took the babies swimming for the first time
-Planned Charlotte & Cooper's future wedding :)
-Made Quiet Books for the babies (SO glad we finished in time!)
-Toured Lake Havasu (sp?) & saw THE London Bridge (it didn't fall-they just took it down & put it back up in the middle of no where Arizona!)
-Rode the Rhino around in the desert
-I may or may not have almost killed myself & Coop in the pool by stepping backwards & thinking the 1 inch drop off was really a 50 foot drop off... (maybe this shouldn't go under the fun list-but it sure was funny for some!)
-Drove down Route 66
-Listened to lots of music (Rach claims that Charlotte is the one that loves Justin Bieber...hehe)
-Rach & I did lots & lots of talking. Man I love that girl!
-Went to the park
-Rode over & saw the Hoover Dam
I'm sure I'm forgetting a million things



Now here are LOTS of pictures! (no particular order)

Baby Tummy Time!

Bridge over the Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam

Colorado River (Right??)

:)

Rach & Charly at Story Time

seeing what it's all about!

:)

one of my all time favorite pics!
(One we'll show THEIR kids! hehe)


Scott was there too!
(Thanks for all the pics)

Trying cucumber for the first time.

Holding the babies while Rach is cooking.

cuteness

London Bridge

Heading out on the Rhino

The desert is different but beautiful!

Coop on the way out west.

Their first time meeting! haha

My first experience!

Love this kid!
Thanks to Rach for the super cute onesie!

Getting ready to FaceTime with Daddy!

Out in the desert. We're quite attractive!

I want to start planning our next trip out there... but I guess I should start saving first! ha!

1 comment: