Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Whirlwind Weekend!

A couple of weeks ago Kyle took some time off of work & we loaded up the car & headed to the coast-Mount Pleasant, SC that is. We rolled into Mt P Thursday evening & spent some quality time with my Aunt Ann & family. It was so fun to see her love on Cooper.
Auntie Ann!

Toes in the water!
Friday was our only full day in town & it went by SO fast! That morning we took Cooper to the beach for the first time. He had a blast kicking around in the water for a few minutes but he was in need of a nap so it didn't last very long. ha! (there's a video somehwere of Coop playing in the water...) For lunch we met up with Bryant & Jilli for some Melvins! It was good BUT not as good as it once was. I still love their 'Lil Joe Basket!' That night the Geralds came by to meet Cooper. Cooper wasn't in the best of moods-again it was nap time-but it was so great to see the Geralds. I miss my Mt P parents! The Adams came by too. We love those 2.5! (Rachael is preggers with Cooper's future wife.) We are SO glad we got to hang out before their BIG move to AZ.

Pam making Cooper cry. ;)

a LATE night pic with the Adams


Saturday morning was here before we knew it. Kyle got up at 5am to go fishing with Scott & his dad. I don't think they caught much BUT they had a fun time. Ann & I went to Rachael's baby shower. It was so fun to see some friends & be there to celebrate with Rachael. We had to leave the shower early so I had to say my final goodbye to Rach. It was so sad. I cried like a baby. I'll blame it on the hormones/lack of sleep/anything. I am SO beyond excited for the Adam's new adventure but they will be SO far away that I'll have to take plane to see them! One day we will live close again! 

There were SO many friends we didn't get to see in Charleston but hopefully next time.


At the reception
Saturday we drove down to Brunswick, GA to meet up with a bunch of the Ensign crew for Brian & Ashley's wedding reception. That was a whirlwind of a 24 hours. We ended up not being able to spend much time with everyone due to Cooper & Moose. (Cooper needed to be in bed early & Moose being nervous in a hotel room & barking like CRAZY) We were glad we went to support the fam but sad we couldn't hang out much.

Poppa & Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment