Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lesson Learned

After church on Sunday I decided to let Cooper run around naked while Kyle & I got lunch ready. By doing this I figured he'd stay awake & he'd enjoy some naked time....

Kyle warned this wasn't a good idea but I thought it was cute watching Coop run around giggling while naked. Well, About 60 seconds into naked time Cooper peed in the kitchen. I laughed as I cleaned it up. It wasn't a big deal because it's 'wood' floors. (looks like wood but not) I jokingly told Coop that if he's going to poop he better do it on the wood floors or else! I guess I shouldn't have said anything because a couple of minutes later Cooper runs by me with poop on his ankle.... Kyle shook his head & said 'I told you so' as I went to go find the mound of poop & assess the damage done. I followed a short trail to our bedroom which is carpeted... 

After cleaning up that accident, I figured Coop had already taken care of everything so naked time should be a breeze now. Boy was I wrong! Cooper ran into his room & pooped on his carpet!! As you can imagine my smile was fading while Kyle continued to shake his head & Cooper kept up his streaking.

I threw Cooper into the bathtub & he had an impromptu bath. He loved playing while I continued cleaning up the hazardous waste....

Fast Forward 15 minutes. Bath time is over. My carpets & floors are clean. I'm clean. Baby's clean. There's a clean diaper on his bum. Life is good right? 

COOPER POOPS AGAIN! Fortunately it was in a diaper but still. ANOTHER POOP?! 

The lessons I learned:
A-Don't let your kid run through the house naked (unless he's well barricaded in a NO carpet zone)
B-If A occurs & said kid poops/pees, don't think he's done. Just put him in a diaper.
C-What goes in, must come out. A weekend full of nonstop eating leads to LOTS of dirty diapers...& floors.

Next Sunday when I'm tempted to give Coop some naked time, I'll be sure to read this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment